Thursday, July 5, 2012

Four-arrows-crossbow: Progress

Made some progress.

Camo paint job done, and I also optimized the handle. This is now as compact as can be. Not much longer than the arrows. Weight is 3,5 kg (7.7 lbs) - not so bad.

Here you can see the lock/trigger assembly. The "clothespins" are strengthened with steel for safety.

Here you can see that the toothbrush heads are protected against the rubber bands - otherwise the bands would simply rip them away. This way, only the brush hairs are unprotected.

The "fork" part looks a bit like an Inka symbol, don't you think? I believe that there is no way to make this any smaller.

Will have to re-attach the bands tonite. This is a really cool design, probably the first of its kind.

1 comment:

  1. Although I appreciate most everything of sling-shots, my main interest in this channel is to see the close-ups of your work for as long as I want. The more I see, the more I admire your ingenuity and appreciate your efforts to entertain us.
    This revolver looks like a lot of fun which will probably inspire many to make their own.
    Well done again, Joerg. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete